Objectives of Journalism -
1. To produce competent professionals who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of journalism and communications.
2. To foster original scholarly work in the discipline of journalism.
3. To increase awareness of the breadth of scholarship and practice encompassed by journalism and the media.
4. To enrich the understanding and discussion of journalism and the media by inquiring into, and forging linkages with, related disciplines.
5. To contribute to the media's understanding of their role in our culture.
6 .To serve as a resource and open forum for the profession.
7. Students will develop accurate and fair news stories across a variety of journalistic media.
8. Students will exercise judgment in selecting technology appropriate to the message and audience, and understand the implications of those choices.
9. Develop the speaking, listening, reading, writing, viewing, and representing skills needed to create various print publications and broadcast productions.
10. Exposure to real-world situations that instruct and demonstrate application of classroom lessons.
Paper –I - Introduction to Journalism, Constitution of India and Press Laws
Paper –II - Reporting (including current affairs
Paper –III - Writing
Paper –IV - Editing
Paper –V - Newspaper Management, Printing and Mass Communication
Human Communication (Option).
Paper –VI - Cultural Heritage of India.
- (Internal Tests (at least two), Study paper, class work: Reporting, Writing, Editing and Alpha Journals, Viva Voce).